Are you ready to lose weight but feel overwhelmed because you fear the physical activity that is required? Guess what? You can still lose weight without hitting the gym. Let’s be clear. In my opinion, exercise should be included in a healthy lifestyle plan. It makes losing weight much easier, it helps tighten and tone muscles, and it’s great for combating chronic health problems and disease, just to name a few.
The truth is, our culture is getting away from the desire to be physically active, especially in terms of weight loss. I suppose it could be for any number of reasons. Understandably, if a person let’s their weight get to a point where mobility is painful or tiring, weight loss and physical activity will be difficult. Joint pain and conditions like arthritis can make if very painful to perform physical activity. However, flexibility and stretching programs can actually help alleviate some pain and improve range of motion.
The lack of physical activity that is not due to physical limitations, however, is disturbing. The fact is that as we age, or activity levels decrease and unless you develop a lifestyle that includes intentional movement, chances are a person will be more sedentary in middle and old-age. What’s stopping you from creating a healthy and fit lifestlye?
I’ve heard excuses that are downright ridiculous. From not wanting to sweat, not having time, too tired, and the lamest excuse of all…I don’t want to mess up my hairstyle…ugh! Please believe that the benefits of exercise outweigh all of those excuses.
No matter my opinion about people who make excuses about exercise, I will still encourage alternative forms of healthy weight loss for health. Now, let’s get right into ways to lose weight without requiring exercise or using a gym membership.
- Eat more protein. A diet rich in protein can help increase feelings of fullness, reduce hunger, and reduce your calorie intake, which in turn can cause weight loss.
- Use a smaller plate. A smaller plates means eating less and reducing your caloric intake. The plate trick here, however, is that you don’t go back for seconds. Otherwise, just use a regular sized plate.
- Chew thoroughly. You give your brain time to process how much food consumed and whether or not you are still truly hungry. People who eat fast usually overeat. Slow down, taste you food. Aim for 40 chews per bite for weight loss. This is also good for proper digestion as well.
- Hide unhealthy foods. The old saying is true: out of sight, out of mind. Put unhealthy foods in the back of the pantry and cabinets.
- Eat foods rich in fiber. Foods that are packed with fiber help you feel full longer, which means you won’t eat as much. Fiber also aids in digestion. Most fruits and veggies are great sources of fiber. Aim to eat 3 servings per day.
- Drink plenty of water. Research has also found that drinking water prior to a meal can help reduce hunger and the number of calories consumed during the meal.
These are just a ways to lose weight without exercising. Keep in mind that weight loss is a result of creating a calorie deficit. If you’d like more information or a healthy lifestyle plan that doesn’t require exercise, please contact me via email at email@example.com